The 48th Taiwan Golden Bell Awards was held in Taiwan at the Zhongshan Memorial Hall yesterday. The event was hosted by last year’s best actor winner, Bolin Chen. Taiwanese celebrities glammed up and walked the red carpet. Most notably newcomer Janet looked smashing in a black sexy peekaboo gown. Event host Bolin Chen was most probably the best looking guy of the night save perhaps for best actor winner Vic Zhou who looked equally delicious in a suit. Bolin handed him his first trophy personally. It was a sweet moment for Zai Zai after losing the best actor award to Mark Chao for Black and White. The two of them were the leads of the drama and were nominated for the same category back in 2010. But I think it is safe to say that everyone was expecting him to win. It may also be the reason why the once good friends became bitter friends. So I am so happy for Zai Zai’s win. He truly deserves this award.
It was also good to see some of my favorites on the red carpet like Nikki Hsieh (I would have loved to see Chris Wu as well but I guess that’s asking too much), Sonia Sui, Amber Kuo, Megan Lai, and Selina Jen (minus Ella and Hebe).
Here’s the list of the (drama related) winners:
- Best Program: Falling PTS
- Best Mini Series/TV Movie:Life Story PTV
- Best Actor: Voc Zhou for Home
- Best Actress: Miao Ke Li for Han Xiao Shi tang/Flavor of Life
- Best Supporting Actor: Lee Daniel for Home
- Best Supporting Actress: Esther Liu for Falling
- Best Director: Wang Ming Tai for Falling
- Best Screenplay: Wen Yu Fang for Falling